Who hasn’t been inspired by the onset of Spring to clean out their closets? I have so much stuff that I have cleaned out recently I started to plan a garage sale. I just think that as much work as they are they just aren’t worth the money I make on them. That’s why I was so excited to find out about Just Between Friends of McAllen. They have seasonal sales where the community is invited to come together to either buy or sell gently used children and maternity clothes and items.
Benefits of Consigning with Just Between Friends
- They do all of the advertising for you. You don’t have to worry about posters and signs and craiglist ads.
- You don’t have to haggle with prices with anyone. Nobody will come knocking at your door the night before asking to preview your stuff.
- No one will be ringing your doorbell at 6 am asking to preview your stuff.
- You can get more for your items. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve sold a designer item for a penny on the dollar.
- You price your own items. You decide their worth.
- You get to keep 60% of the sale! It’s a little less if you decide you want them to tag the items for you (totally worth it in my opinion!).
- As a consignor, you get to shop the private sale before they open it to the general public and snag all the greatest items 😉
- Your items are more likely to sell because the event is targeted to a very specific market – those looking for baby and maternity.
- You don’t have to wake up at the crack of dawn to start setting up. You don’t even have to be there!
- No worrying about where your kids are as you are trying to haggle with buyers and collect money and chase your screaming toddler who JUST. HAS. TO. HAVE. THAT. TUMMY TIME MAT you are about to sell!
- Privacy. No need to worry about inviting a bunch of strange folks near your home and your children.
- Recalls – they make sure your items are up to date in terms of safety and update them if needed.
- Did I mention you don’t even have to be there!? You can be at home, in bed, with your kids.
Does it not sound divine? I’m really excited about the prospect of making some money without having to sweat so much for it.
Be sure to sign up for the event happening April 4-5 by visiting their website and creating an account. You will also find their Facebook page is loaded with tips and tricks for getting started, tagging items, pricing, and even a timeline to help you get organized and ready to do so. You will also find locations, schedules and services they offer (such as the valet tagging system).
SPRING SALE • APRIL 4-5, 2014
Nomad Shrine Club
1044 W Nolana Loop
What a great idea! I just filled two tubs with toys we are “putting away for a while” yesterday. Maybe today will be clothes day… Thanks!
You can also shop for anything new you might need for Baby!
I’m looking forward to shopping at this event and hope to find great deals.