Late night? Got a slow cooker? Don’t want to have to worry about lunch or dinner tomorrow? Try my super easy (super cheesy!) Chicken Enchilada Soup. January is National Slow Cooker Month, after all!
Be forewarned – this recipe is not for those that are all about organic and fresh. This is for those that are all about lots of flavor with the absolute smallest amount of effort.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans of Ro-Tel
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of red enchilada sauce
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 8 oz. of cream cheese
- 8 oz. of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker with the exception of the cheeses.
- Cook on high for 4 hours. (or on low for 6 hours)
- After the initial cooking time, stir the ingredients.
- The chicken should be falling apart. A couple of stirs and it will shred itself throughout the soup.
- Add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Stir well. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe yields A LOT! It keeps well in the refrigerator (in a sealed container) for 3-5 days. I like to serve it with crushed lime tortilla chips on top for a bit of crunch and an extra burst of flavor.
I usually make this recipe overnight and finish it off in the morning so it’s ready to pop into a lunch container for later that day. Or, you could set it in the slow cooker in the morning and finish it up for dinner! The possibilities are endless!
This sounds so good! I wonder if it can be cooked in the instant pot too.
Making this tomorrow! Can’t wait!!